Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter and other holidays

I get confused by commercial holidays, because they are often just excuses to sell chocolate. Valentine's Day used to be a day to send and get valentines. Little romantic notes on hard candies took over: "kiss me"
And of course Christmas is more an excuse to sell toys and game machines and Ipod Minis than a religious event. I guess some parts of the world do keep to their holy days, which is cool. And I suppose it's also nice that people can enjoy holidays even if they are not believers of a particular religion. So having a couple of extra days off at Easter is nice, no matter what we may know or care about the reason for the holiday. But I get confused. Santa brings toys. The Great Pumpkin brings...what? Pumpkin seeds?
And the Easter Bunny brings....eggs? Come on. Eggs? What would the Easter Chicken bring then?
Don't answer that.

No comments: